Congratulations on being elected to your local school board! Serving as a member of the leadership team that oversees the educational opportunities of the children in your community is both an honor and a great responsibility. Whether you’re a new board member or a seasoned veteran, there are always new leadership skills to explore. ASBA's New Board Member Institute with Audit & School Safety Training is a day-long workshop designed for newly elected or appointed board members seeking to gain a greater understanding of the duties and responsibilities of board service. It is also a great opportunity for veteran board members to refresh, recharge and share invaluable experiences with new board colleagues.
This training which includes required training for newly elected board members will focus on the following topics:
Board Governance: roles and responsibilities
School Finance: funding, budget development, financial management, & audit
School Law: the Freedom of Information Act, executive session, ethics & other critical legal issues
AGENDA: Click HERE to view AGENDA.
WHEN: Thursday, June 30, 2022
WHERE: DoubleTree Hot Springs, 4813 Central Avenue, Hot Springs, AR
TRAINING HOURS: School board members will earn six (6) hours of boardsmanship training
REGISTRATION: Click HERE to REGISTER.
- IN-PERSON ATTENDEES: Registration for those attending in person is $185 per person through June 16, 2022, and $205 after June 16. Online registration will close at noon on Tuesday, June 28. You may register on-site on the day of the workshop.
- VIRTUAL ATTENDEES: Registration for those attending virtually is $155 per person through June 28, and $170 after June 28. You may register for virtual up to the day of the event. Be sure you register using the email address you will use when signing in to Zoom.
- Requests for cancellation must be in writing to email@example.com. Cancellation requests received through June 23 will be refunded at 100 percent. Cancellation requests received after June 23 will be refunded at 50 percent. There will be no refunds for cancellations after June 29, 2022.
HOTEL ROOM RESERVATION: A block of rooms has been set aside at the DoubleTree for those wishing to arrive the evening before the workshop. To make reservations at the DoubleTree, CLICK HERE.
The DoubleTree has a limited number of rooms available on June 29. If you are unable to unable to make a reservation there, please check with one of the nearby hotels on the list below.
- Staybridge Suites, Hot Springs
- Hampton Inn and Suites, Hot Springs
- LaQuinta Inn and Suites, Hot Springs
- TownePlace Suites
- Home2 Suites, Hot Springs
- Holiday Inn Express, Hot Springs
QUESTIONS: If you have registration questions or questions about the training, please contact Tammie Reitenger at firstname.lastname@example.org.